Thursday, February 4, 2016

FLW Tour Begins This Morning

It's a different perspective for me as the FLW Tour launches a new season this morning at Lake Okeechobee. My work this year is much less linked with FLW (or BASS) than it has been in a long time, but my personal interest is at least as high as ever. I've worked with so many of the anglers on this year's tour, including a couple of tour rookies, that I'm eager to see how everything goes for many different pros.

Interest-wise, it doesn't hurt that the season again starts at Okeechobee. That means there should be some bulging bags and maybe a few truly special fish brought to the scales this afternoon. Of course, big and small bags alike are the beginnings of season-long story lines, which I always enjoy following.

I won't be able to watch the live weigh-in or track much action on social media. However, if your schedule allows doing so, I'd absolutely recommend the flwfishing Twitter and Instagram feeds. They do a fabulous job of delivering the action to your computer or phone, wherever you happen to be. I certainly will take time this evening to look through the standings and read some of the coverage from the day.

I suppose they're about two hours from taking off. Unfathomable amount of nervous energy beside the lake right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment