Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Ever Developing Plan

As the Rebel Trout Trek draws nearer and I continue to research streams, I'm realizing the plan must remain very dynamic.

General areas are set, and lodging reservations are made, but the more I  read about spots, the more I find "can't skip" waters that aren't already on the plan.

As importantly, some of thsos western mountain flows really change from week to week this time of year. Some are red hot right now, having just settled from snowmelt. Others in the same areas remain blown out. The latter group may be the best ones in a few weeks while ones that are fishing really well now might be low and a bit warm.

I'm bookmarking a bunch of fishing reports as I continue in my research and will be looking at them daily from the road as I look ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment